Monday 15 March 2010

Blueprints

Its becoming hard to stay on top of the blog, as my work often diverts from its course and so it appears uncoherent, though I promise their is reason for the divergence!

I felt a reached a breakthrough to help ground my work when I began looking at my drawings as blueprints, from which I could expand three dimensionally. With the aid of sketch up, I created models using my drawings as foundations to see visually how it would look, without spending hours creating it by hand. From there I have broadened my material base, and so have begun stitching my drawings onto fabrics to see the effect, though I am still unsure of their success. I am keen to keep the designs relatively simplistic, and so often keep the composition the same whilst I alter the materials and processes that I use, to show its adaptability.

No comments:

Post a Comment